give my baby up for adoption

Alba's mother chose to give up her daughter just after her birth and more than 20 families refused to adopt the girl with Down syndrome. But since their meeting, Luca and Alba show what is unconditional love.
give my baby up for adoption

The story of Luca Trapanese, a single father living in Naples, has spread throughout the world. And for good reason, the forty-year-old man adopted a beautiful girl with Down syndrome (or trisomy 21) that no one wanted.

give my baby up for adoption
give my baby up for adoption

Alba's mother left her at the hospital. But she was not the only one who did not want that little angel. The girl has been rejected by dozens of families awaiting adoption.

Luca Trapanese, a single father who wanted so much to adopt a child, without limit or discrimination, then discovered this little cute girl.

give my baby up for adoption
give my baby up for adoption


Luca could have chosen another child but he wanted to help and adopt a child in a more difficult situation, handicapped or victim of violence.

"No, I was not afraid to adopt a handicapped child. It was an idea matured in the past with my partner Eduardo, from whom I have since separated. [...] Since I'm 14, I'm a volunteer and work with people with disabilities, so I thought I had the right tools to do it.

After the break with my partner, the option prevailed. So I made a request in the special register that allows singles to adopt in special conditions.

give my baby up for adoption
give my baby up for adoption


Luca is very active in the social field. He founded several associations dealing with disabled people and critically ill children.

"A disabled child is not a second-hand opportunity but a conscious choice regarding my vocation and my abilities"

Despite his status as a single father, Luca is still 100% there for his beautiful Alba. The child can also count on the support of grandmothers and other reference persons, such as the nanny or her best friend.
give my baby up for adoption
give my baby up for adoption


Besides, Luca has two mothers! Some time ago, he was legally adopted by a woman who has a disabled child. She wanted Luca to take care of it when the boy was alone.

Luca has a very special relationship with little Alba. He describes her as a lively and happy child, surrounded by a lot of people who love her.

Unfortunately, many parents find it difficult to accept their children's disability, but Luca was already prepared. He knew that children with Down Syndrome can be very happy, communicate and even fend for themselves.

"Today, they are not what some people consider as" Mongolian ", they work, they do speech therapy, they are psychomotor, they have potential to develop," says Luca.
give my baby up for adoption
give my baby up for adoption
give my baby up for adoption
Luca hopes that Alba will have a wonderful life. Maybe one day she could even work with him on the social or choose the career she will prefer. He will always support it.

Alba is a very lucky girl because she has found an extraordinary father. We are sure that when she grows up, her relationship with Luca, her father, will be even stronger and that he will teach her important values.

If you are also moved, share the story of Luca and Alba with all your friends!